Low-debt degrees are smarter
$1,000 tuition scholarship for qualifying class of 2017 local high school graduates and 2016-17 local GED graduates
¿Quieres información en español?
Colorado Mountain College wants you to reach your goals. So we’re offering the $1000 President’s Scholarship to help you get there. Explore below for all the details:
Apply to CMC
Complete Your FAFSA
Graduate from High School or Complete Your GED
Register for Classes
Bonus: Apply for CMC Foundation Scholarships
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
- Be a 2017 graduate of a high school in the CMC District or a 2016-17 GED graduate living within the CMC District. See Map.
- 2017 graduates of Salida High School, Buena Vista High School and Middle Park High School are also eligible.¹
- Complete a CMC application and FAFSA² by March 31, 2017. Deadline for GED completers is August 1, 2017.
- Graduate from high school by June 30, 2017, of complete the GED by August 1, 2017.
- Start at CMC no later than the Fall 2017 term.
- Take a minimum of 15 credits per semester.
- To register for classes you must attend a campus orientation, or meet with a CMC counselor or advisor this summer.
- Maintain good academic standing with a minimum 2.0 GPA at the end of your first semester to receive the second semester award.
¹These high schools are within CMC Service Areas and are part of the Mountain Futures Fund Grant, a Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative grant administered by CMC.
²Your FAFSA must be official and complete, including any follow-up requirements that may be requested after your initial FAFSA is processed in order for these scholarship funds to be awarded. If you are not FAFSA eligible (undocumented or a “deferred action” [DACA] student), you can still receive the scholarship. Please email Katia Curbelo-Del Valle at email@example.com if you are not FAFSA eligible.